The Highest Level of Professional EXCELLENCE….

When You Or Your Family Need It Most

No Pressure

No Hype

Just Answers....And What You Or Your Family Needs

≡ Menu

What Doctors Do I Need for A Dogbite?

Whatever doctors your family doctor says you need, and a scar specialist or plastic surgeon.

Usually, so long as you tell your doctor about your problems, he will tell you what specialist he thinks should treat you.

But not always.  With dogbites, there is often a lasting scar.  You need to see a specialist for that, because it might be permanent.

If there is a permanent scar, you need a plastic surgeon – sometimes an ear nose and throat specialist – to give an opinion as to permanency, and to provide an estimate of the cost of reconstructing and masking the scar.

But other doctors may be required too. I have recommended that a client see a neurologist or an ENT to assess balance problems caused when the dog knocked her over.

If there is a fracture or an injured ligament, an orthopedist might be a good idea. And if there is nerve damage in the area of the scar, a neurosurgeon or neurologist ought to assess the injury as well.

I have been a lawyer over 30 years. Sometimes, you need to see a specialist. If you’ve been bit by a dog, give me, a Cincinnati injury lawyer lawyer, a call.  My phone is 513-621-4775.

Because all situations are different, and because there may be other facts pertaining to your case that I don’t know about, you should not rely on this answer for legal advice. I am not your attorney, and no lawyer client relationship has been formed.  All discussions are limited to Ohio law unless otherwise indicated.  And past performance cannot be used to predict future results.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment