Here is my “checklist”:
• Does your lawyer return your calls and answer your questions as soon as he can?
• Does he appear to be familiar with the law?
• If he doesn’t know something, does he admit it? And if he admits it, does he do enough to learn what he needs to know?
• Is he doing everything he can to settle or win your lawsuit?
• Does he report news in your lawsuit, both good and bad , as soon as he can after he learns it?
• Is he honest with you?
• Do you dread talking to him, because it is just too difficult to get him to listen to you?
• And the big one – do you feel that if he continues to represent you, he will do the best job that can be done for you?
I don’t like telling anyone to change lawyers. A lawyer who takes a tough case won’t always look like Abraham Lincoln or Clarence Darrow.
People are disappointed when they get bad news, and sometimes they blame the messenger. People don’t like surprises. And some people have unrealistic expectations.
But if you can’t trust the lawyer you have, you need another lawyer.
I have been a lawyer over 30 years. Most attorneys know what they are doing, and most do a good job. But that isn’t true of everyone. If you have a personal injury case in Cincinnati, Ohio or if you want to know what your lawsuit is worth, talk with an experienced Cincinnati Injury Attorney about the case. Call me, William Strubbe, at 513-621-4775.
Because all situations are different, and because there may be other facts pertaining to your case that I don’t know about, you should not rely on this answer for legal advice. I am not your attorney, and no lawyer client relationship has been formed. And past performance cannot be used to predict future results.